Super Comboman: Smash Edition Launches Today on PS4, Xbox, and Steam in North America & Europe!
Super Comboman: Smash Edition Brings Rich, Stylized Side-Scrolling Fighting Game to PlayStation and Xbox
Smash Edition brings great gameplay to console for the first time,
along with many improvements and refinements to core game
Burlingame, CA – August 22 – Super Comboman: Smash Edition is a classic beat ‘em up with a different kind of action hero. An energetic island laborer with a funked up ‘do, wearer of loud Hawaiian shirts, eater of chocolate chip cookies, and owner of a talking fanny pack (yeah, a talking fanny pack). His name is Struggles, and he’s a working class hero with an ‘All You Can’ attitude, a spinning pile driver, and fireball moves to match. Interabang Entertainment created Super Comboman as an enthusiastic tribute to the 2D fighting games the team grew up on, and they have continued to pour their passion into Struggle’s world for the new console releases.
Working with publisher Flashman Games, Super Comboman: Smash Edition is available now on PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam in North America & Europe. The game is planned for distribution in additional territories shortly thereafter.
“When we first came across Super Comboman on PC we knew it was a game that absolutely had to be brought to the console market, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the result,” said Brad Young, CEO of Flashman Games. “Working with Interabang Entertainment on this project has been a great experience, and a good example of how Flashman partners with innovative indie developers to bring unique titles to market.”
In Super Comboman: Smash Edition’s crispy combo action gameplay, Struggles battles an army of baddies and mega bosses from giant construction organization DoDoCo. Players travel through vibrant levels, unlock powerful moves ripped straight from classic 2D fighting games’ move lists, and punch co-workers through brick walls all while hustling to collect a paycheck along the way.
- 2D Fighting Game Inspired Action. Smash, counter punch, and forward dash into classic 2D platform action and take down an army of DoDoCo thugs coming at you with fighting moves straight outta classic 2D fighting games
- Mega Manga Bosses and Talking Fanny Packs. Test twitch reflexes and take on big beefy bosses with the help of Struggles’ trusted side kick Flappy, the talking fanny pack. Struggles never leaves home without him.
- Unlock and Unleash. Earn your keep by beating down the DoDoCo baddies, and spend your hard earned cash on unlocking new powerful fighting moves like the fire uppercut, air dash, and the old stand-by dive kick.
- Go Combo Crazy. Rack up killer kombos and activate powerful perks you can unlock in the combo store.
- Perks. Activate powerful perks like Infinite Smash and Heal Parry to put the beat down on the enemy. It’s going to take more than a loud Hawaiian Shirt and a talking fanny pack to defeat the enemies!
- Rich 2D Visual Style. Rad 2D sticker art style will make you want to rock your own fanny pack (not for the faint of heart!)
Originally released for PC as Interabang Entertainment’s first independently developed game, Super Comboman: Smash Edition brings the experience to console platforms as planned by the team since its inception. Super Comboman: Smash Edition features extensive enhancements including expanded moves, animations and capabilities for lead character Struggles; improvements to art, level design and combat in many areas; refinements to enemy AI, visuals, and showdowns, and extensive additional tuning throughout the game. Super Comboman: Smash Edition has a list price of US$14.99.
About Flashman Games LLC
Flashman Games is an independent San Francisco based video game publisher. Formed in 2014, the company publishes titles across all leading platforms, including digital download console, mobile, social and PC. Recent titles include Rio 2016: Diving Champions, the official mobile game of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics, and Smurfs’ Village, one of the most popular casual games on iOS, Android, and Kindle. For more information about Flashman, please visit www.flashmangames.com.
About Interabang Entertainment
Interabang Entertainment cooks up entertaining games that feed gamer’s hunger for original gameplay. The studio’s humorous concoctions deliver appetizing challenges that satisfy starving eyebuds – the desire for fantastic art and scrumptious animations. Interabang offers distinguished flavors that challenge audiences and build our development chefs deep involvement in the evolving industry. Interabang is also currently working on Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch, based on filmmaker Kevin Smith’s Askewniverse.